Sunday, March 23, 2008







We made it!!! Through our first week of home stay in CBT (community based training). Actually it went really well. My family is really friendly… The Mom, Aisha is a teacher at the primary school, The dad, Mohammed is a carpenter and there are three kids, Salima-13, Abduh-11, Abdullah-9. Tashlheet is coming along… although I spend a lot of my time with my shoulders shrugged. There is a PC volunteer and a French volunteer in our village which is neat to get an idea of some of the things we will be doing and how we will be living. We got the chance to attend a wedding reception this week. First we all got henna on our hands to look our best and then we went to the party. It was all women-maybe 100, everyone chanting, singing, playing drums, dancing, eating, drinking tea. It was one of the neatest things I’ve ever seen. At my house I have my own room, indoor bathroom, but no hot water or shower. It was really cold the last few days and we all huddled under a blanket for language training. Carrie

No comments: