Friday, September 5, 2008

So last night I was laying in bed thinking about work at GWMS and how I missed it. How I missed co-workers, students and even teacher work days where you had time to catch up. Then I realized one of the things I missed the most was the structure of it all, the schedules, the deadlines and due dates. I realized that I’m one of those people, those list making, schedule creating freaks. I also realized that’s part of what so hard being here. Where meetings are scheduled by saying ‘how about November’ rather than ‘Thursday at 10.’ It’s hard for me to turn my organizing, controlling mind off, but I also realize that these are the challenges I wanted from being in a different culture. These are the challenges that give me perspective.

By the way, there was a snake charmer at souk today. If you can count sewing snakes mouths together while they slowly starve as charming…but it was pretty cool to see a viper and a cobra.

No comments: